It came and went and I didn't turn into a pumpkin...
I wasn't super duper excited about turning 30...all I could think of it's OLD, 
when you say it everyone is like "oh" you're no longer in your twenties...I've heard over and over all the stuff you're supposed to quit doing...and the list goes on and on. 

So when I looked in the mirror last tuesday morning I didn't look any different, no gray hair, no wrinkles that mysteriously showed up while I was asleep...nothing looked any different so I figured it wasn't going to be as bad as I had predicted. Only war stain I had was the pink finger from the frosting mishap on the cake I made for my own surprise party...yep, I knew!

I had such a good time that night it's quite possibly the best birthday I've had since I was in gradeschool!

Here's a rundown of the last few big ones...25th (golden birthday) I waited and waited at home for the farmer boyfriend I had to finish for the day so I could go out for supper. Something about the threat of snow and field work don't go along! 

21st...I was sitting in a store called The Tile Shop in Eden Prairie MN I believe getting the rundown on DIY kitchen counter tile. The explanation must have worked well because a month or so later my mom's countertop was gorgeous porcelain tile instead of putrid yellow 50's laminate. Followed by supper at a restaurant not far from the tile shop because it got late getting the rundown. 

18th...well that one wasn't so shabby either...I hate to admit it, but the only thing I wanted to was to see 98 degrees in concert. They just happened to be in Mankato the weekend after my birthday, so with mom's credit card in hand, a hotel room reserved, one of my friends and our tickets we girl tripped it to Mankato and had a teenage girls' dream of a time. A hotel room to ourselves, some nice eye candy to watch and the next day we hit the mall...that one was kind of spendy!

So here's one of the pictures you don't so often see on my blog...my girls are a whole lot cuter!


Thank you iPhone for the awesome picture, and thank you to everyone that gave up their evening to help me celebrate! 

I guess 30 isn't so bad after all...

0 comments: