Something to think about....

On valentines day Syd will have been on whole milk for a year. Although we haven't had any problems with her and the lactose, lately I've run into a different problem. How can Wal-Mart's Great Value milk go rotten (like cottage cheese rotten) overnight? Whole milk is more expensive to begin with, so it bugs me, but I've never had this problem! Since all their labeling changed we've started waking up to curdled milk. If I buy milk at the grocery store (Kemps) it goes well through the night, and halfway through the next day before it starts smelling funky. We just had a half gallon of Land O Lakes and it was the same way.....so explain to me how the Great Value milk can be so much different....I have a huge note to self now....spend the 30 cents a gallon extra for the good milk! Our grocery store even has coupons for the milk...buy 10 get one free, so it probably turns out to be the same price as the cheaper funky milk. I've told daddy we're going back to making an extra stop when milk is involved, just to avoid dumping chunks out of the sippie cups.

Does that say anything about the quality to anyone else, or am I the only one that's noticed the price jump and lower quality with the new labeling? (canned soup is now super expensive as well...even for the Great Value brand....)

0 comments: