Where has the time gone? I look through pictures of Syd and she seems so big compared to just 6 months ago, and a year ago she was a completely different baby! She's so full of attitude and independence I long for a small part of the baby back. I get by with helping her dress about 3 times a week, otherwise I get screamed at and pushed away. Luckily, she still feels in a cuddly mood a few times a month as well, and we cherish every second...she's never been a cuddly baby!

Here's Syd about a year ago...AFTER the hospital stay, the seizure, and scaring me to death! She's such a happy little peanut, as long as she gets to do things her own way. (I should have known it was going to lead down a dark path!) The thing that gets me the most is the hair...


And here's Syd today....that attitude drives me nuts! Although the picture is darn cute, I'd love.....ok, I'd probably fall over dead, if I got just ONE cute picture of her....to show how she can be. Oh what a difference a year makes! 


I've had to make my way through her clothing at every wash for the last couple of months picking out the stuff that she's unable to squeeze into anymore. Daddy panicked when I mentioned we might not make it to garage sale season with the stash of clothes currently in her closet. Granted, I wasn't exactly thrilled either, it seems like she's wearing clothes a couple of times and then they make their way to the too small pile. I have learned one thing, and I've said it before....the better clothes are worth the price! The "name brand" clothes normally fit true to size, and last a whole lot longer than those you can buy cheaper. We are huge fans of Old Navy, Childrens Place, Gap, Osh Kosh, Nike and have a special spot for the clothes from Shopko and Kohls. As fast as the little weed is growing we're going to be test driving Limited Too shortly! If we didn't find such good deals on the clothes I am able to stash we'd be paying hundreds for these brands new! I am a garage sale addict....ask any member of my family, but when kids are outgrowing stuff faster than you can replace it, it's well worth the time and hassle! 

FYI....The little diva is wearing mostly 4's with some 3T jeans still in the mix for good measure...Hopefully she'll be able to wear all the summer stuff that size yet, or I'll be missing out on a lot of cute stuff, and scrambling to find bigger sizes this spring! Maybe that explains her being off the charts at the pediatricians...he was so proud of her growth chart he had to show it off....even though it wasn't ever news to us. He said he rarely sees kids that are off the charts...over the 100th percentile anymore, and Syd has been off the charts since birth. She's 33 pounds and 32 1/2 inches, so she may be chubby, but she's got more height than most kids her age at the same time. Way to go baby long legs! 

0 comments: