We have been going round and round about this since Sydney was born....do you pierce your infant daughters ears, or wait until they are old enough to make the decision themselves?
Syd's ears are NOT pierced and that's because I actually won the battle (or maybe haven't left her home alone long enough with daddy to get it done) I'm a firm believer in letting girls make the decision to get their ears pierced themselves....mine were for my birthday a LONG time ago, and I remember every part of the pain associated with it. Hubby wanted to pierce her ears right away so she won't remember having it done and it doesn't hurt her (um...still hurts, just unable to form long term memories....) And my strongest argument was what if she doesn't want pierced ears when she gets older? Just came to mind again since I've seen SO MANY teeny girls with pierced ears lately!

0 comments: