Hello winter! I didn't miss you! So one of the perks of having no houses around us are the snowdrifts....apparently we're in the least snowy part of the storm, if that's the case, how come when I went out to get the mail I had to plow snow with the door? While we are inside staying nice and warm, and really testing the new furnace, we're busy busy preparing for the birthday bash....Painting, hanging pictures (hopefully), digging through boxes still sitting in Syd's room, doing a never ending PILE of laundry (luckily it's a snap in my new LG's) thinking and thinking about what to do with cakes. Wrapping all the presents so no eyes spy what santa will bring their way in a few weeks.....and working feverishly on the blanket! I really got in over my head with that thing! only 44 flowers to sew on patches, then oodles of patches to sew together, and hopefully a finished product after a trip to the laundromat.

I said it before, I can't believe how fast 2 years have gone by already, it's crazy! I was asking Sydney today if she was ready to be two and trying ever so hard to get her to actually say two when you asked how old she was...instead...."are you ready for your party?" "no" "you don't want to be 2?" "NO" "don't you want auntie caley, grandma, grampa, uncle cole, camden, chase, baby jalyn.....to come see you sunday?" "no" "do you want to stay a baby forever?" "no" "well then you have to have birthday's..." "no" you get the picture. That is her favorite word of all time, and it drives you nuts when that's all you hear...although I have no sympathy when daddy gets it, cause he laughs at me when I get the "NO" so I get to laugh back and watch the steam flowing from his nostrils.

Here's a little photo treat of the last 2 years.



This was taken when she was just shy of 2 weeks at grandmas house



This is about a month....



3 months....




And uncle Cole teaching her how to dig into her cake! Hairdo compliments of Caley....why must everyone violate babies' hair?

I have hundreds more, but just wanted to share a few from back when she was actually adorable and unable to talk back! I still wouldn't give her up (most days) but I miss that cuddly little thing we brought home from the hospital at the same time.

The big day is sunday, so hopefully the weather cooperates for the festivities!


0 comments: