April showers bring.....Dead flowers, and a flooded basement!

Ok, so it's not quite THAT bad, but close. This week started out with a bang! I knew something was up as of Sunday night, I was getting winded just bending over spreading grass around all the newly planted flowers outside, so I came in the house to take it easy....Monday wasn't a whole lot different, just really TIRED! Then came midnight.....I started off so cold I couldn't find enough blankets, wanted to turn the furnace back on, and no sleep for the sick! Tuesday was even worse! I officially caught the flu! I won't even begin to say the ways it happened....I was so miserable all day Tuesday Syd was 100% in charge of the house, I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to form a sentance most of the day, so other than feeding her and making sure she wasn't going to kill herself she was on her own with the dog and cat hot on her heels! Hence the dead flowers.....it was so hot Tues and Wed that the flowers really should have had a drink, but the energy just wasn't there to get up and tend to them along with the 2 critters and Sydney, so they were forgotten....hello brown half dead flowers! I now have enough energy to try and salvage what's left of the ones that are turning brown!

On to the flooded basement...I walked down the steps many times yesterday, and felt water, no big deal, threw a towel over the wet spot and soaked as much as I could up, just thinking it was residual from Syd's reign on Tuesday....only problem is it keeps getting worse! Every time I soak it up, it just comes back....can't be Sydney, even though when I asked her if she dumped water on the floor she said yes, I really can't blame her for this one! I've spent the whole morning searching for any kind of leak in either the sump pipe or the water pipes, and to no avail, so I've narrowed it down to either up through the floor, or *crossing fingers* the washer....and that's a crossing fingers that I'd rather have it through the floor....you see my nice pretty front loaders happen to be under a new shelf (not so easily removed) and on top of a home-made pedestal (even less easily removed) which means to get to the bottom of the issue the washer and dryer need to get moved....aiyiyi! Unfortunately I think  I have determined something down there is the culprit, just waiting rather anxiously for hubby to get home and add his two cents and tell me the washer and dryer are coming out! (I already cleaned out 99% of the laundry room in anticipation of this!) Please oh please give me the hail instead of all the rain! Looks like life in this house won't ever slow down!

1 comments:

Jodi Ulschmid said...

No fun! Have you gotten the leak fixed?