I learned something about hubby this weekend....no matter what kind of deal he can get he's not willing to do a Black Friday adventure again in his lifetime! He finally caved to my never-ending desire for a Dyson vacuum because Kohl's had a deal you just couldn't pass on. The whole plan was to stay up until midnight to order it online and never have to leave the comfort of our kitchen....Yeah right! Their website crashed at 12am on the dot, I'm assuming I wasn't the only one not wanting to miss their deal! I proceeded to try for the next hour and a half (even though I had already been so close to done at around 11:45 I could see the vacuum in the UPS truck...stupid me just forgot about the limit on my bank card...so back to trying with the good 'ol credit card) we made an executive decision we couldn't let this opportunity pass, so we packed the car and were going to head to Sioux Falls. I woke grandma up and asked if she wanted to stay or go with and she was in for the fight....so we made a plan to deal with Syd and off we went. Sydney did her 3rd Black Friday adventure (if you count the year I was a week away from my due date but unwilling to miss it) and managed to sleep through all but an hour of the fun! (lucky girl) NO, I was not stupid enough to drag my little princess into every store with me just to get deals....she stayed in the car with one of us fast asleep! We did breakfast when she woke up then visited Penny's and Target (by this time it was already after 9) ....so to all those people that were making rude comments like I was hauling my precious little cargo around all morning being a crazy all out shopper...I DIDN'T! Daddy and I visited menards for more house stuff while Grandma tried to get Syd down for a nap then we were off on our way back home! You are free to count the hours....I was up by 7:30 thursday to get ready for hosting our first Thanksgiving in a home that belongs to us....and made it until about noon the next day before I needed a cat nap to make the triple vision go away...yes, NO sleep for those in search of a good deal! I didn't even go all out, my sister started at 11pm thanksgiving waiting in line at ToysRUs! Silly girl!

So here it is....


I can't believe the suction that thing has....I just couldn't leave it in the box anymore, and no matter how tired I was I dug in, put it together, and attacked every piece of carpet in the house! Let me just say....GROSS!

Here are a few more pictures of what's been going on around here....


merry christmas to me...FINALLY a room big enough for the monster again! We officially have 3 christmas trees in our house...Why not, right? All the prints are on the walls in the Living room as well so no more worries about getting broken in the closet.



Here's my fully functioning kitchen all spruced up with my coke stuff! (I never knew it amounted to so much! It's all been packed up!) It's still not recovered yet from Thanksgiving dinner, but I was sick of cleaning!




My other two favorite appliances! Those things are a dream! The dryer actually beats the washer with a load...even an entire load of towels! So far the max run time on the dryer when on sensor is about 36 minutes! Now to just finish the sheetrock and put up shelving!




This is what will become the studio! I hate the yellow walls, I just don't have the energy to paint another room! The room is HUGE and completely open so will be perfect for a studio! The bed on the floor is actually Sydney's but the box spring is broken yet again so I'm waiting for hubby to fix it or build a little something for it's replacement before it moves into its' permanent home. My computer also belongs in this room, not on the kitchen cabinets like pictured, but we were trying not to wake grandma while waiting for midnight!




And the front! Notice anything different? If you can't you're completely blind! Well at least I think you are! Then again you didn't have to live with the previous edition! NO, the white rectangles on the grass aren't it....and the car in the driveway isn't it either! I could not wait any longer to paint the shutters and I got in trouble for using the grass, but the garage was still full so I chose the lesser of two evils! The front doors are also a nice dark blue now instead of puke green or pastel green whichever you prefer to use!

Here's the before...now can you see the difference?



I have all that ugly green eliminated except the hinges on the door out of the back side of the garage...and that's only because I didn't realize those were the same color as the rest! That is also the hardest color I have ever come across to get rid of! Covering that is harder than covering black!

And for the finale....



This is the view out the front of our house! Absolutely perfect! I thought I'd catch it since we've learned that the same guy owns lots across the street so we don't know how long we'll actually be lucky enough to keep this view!

Oh...and a little teaser for those that haven't been here yet!




Got pink?!!! So Syd's room turned out REALLY pink, I didn't want pastel, but we didn't want it to be dark either, so here it is! The more white we add the better it gets too! The wall I plan on having fun with didn't get finished before thanksgiving, so I've got about 3 weeks to get it done before we host a party for Syd and her cousin Camden!

0 comments: