It's now race to the finish, ok, so maybe not race! We had an awesome productive weekend even with all the rain. My garage sale started out with a bang friday morning, and then moved on to please, come in, out of the rain! Even with the nearly 2 inches of rain in 2 days we managed to get rid of almost everything! We started with 10 totes, a few LARGE boxes, and miscellaneous stuff strewn about the house and garage. I began setting tables up a week in advance to try and squeeze everything in the garage, made a last minute trip to the store with grandma for one more table, and magically almost everything fit. I had a 2 car garage plum FULL of stuff to get rid of. Final tally on what's left....3 totes....yes THREE!!! And a couple of the big things that didn't sell really don't bother me, I can store them for a year, or use them in other ways for a year and try again! SO that leaves me with enough stuff gone and enough cash to do what you say? Well....buy baby stuff and a new lawnmower! I couldn't wait any longer for the mower, so we brought one home saturday night when I was sick of sitting in the garage and shut the door....Welcome new friend! We looked at sears, they no longer carry what hubby wanted....looked at runnings, I didn't want to pay the price....went back to runnings saturday, met the nicest guy in the store who convinced me I'd be able to operate the new honda mower no problem. I was even the first to start it....no more pulling on the cord 10 times before takeoff....first pull, and it's self propelled, a little too self propelled....if you aren't careful you could easily go on a jog while mowing!

Oh, and hubby decided that the front yard looked awful and borrowed a tiller from the neighbor....he was only supposed to be tilling up flower beds to make our yard look less new house and more someone lives here....apparently the front yard needs a lived in look as well, it's now pure mud! Morale of the story, be careful what you ask for! I do have a place for flowers now though, unfortunately it's going to be a while before I dare walk out front to plant any! The pickup was stuck in the front yard after all the rain, and miracuously only one person was dumb enough to go past the dead end sign and get stuck during the garage sale!

I promise I'll get pictures done up here shortly, no rest for the wary, still LOTS of stuff to do!

0 comments: