Here are a few pictures of the main living space. The befores are without power so one of them is a little dark...

This is the view from the front door of the house....I absolutely HATED those cupboards that color, and couldn't wait to get my hands on them....

Here's the new paint from almost the same view....ignore the mess, it'll get put away by the end of the week if all goes well. A little confession....I must have picked the perfect color for the walls, I now like the cupboards the way they are! Hubby is rather relieved that I no longer plan on violating them! The island is also different than when we moved in, it was turned the long way, but that wasn't ever going to stay as is as far as I was concerned...much more useful the way it is now! Also note the pretty new appliances, SO excited about those. We had a small snaffu with the microwave over the stove however, and had to already have a service guy come out and fix it...it was messed up right out of the box! Now I just need the dishwasher to come in...until then, they'll keep finding a home in the sink.

Here's the original view of the living room from the kitchen....
Note the ugly light fixture hanging in the middle of the room, totally out of place (it might be easier to see it in the kitchen picture...)
And now...


Voila....paint and a new light fixture! There are gaudy gold fixtures almost everywhere in the house that are going to all be replaced eventually. All that's left in this room are the big fancy pictures that hubby says I have to keep putting up.

A little story about what our friday was like....Closed on the house on time, but found out at our final walk through the water AND electricity had been shut off. It had been raining most of the night and continued raining most of the day friday....the sump hole was getting fuller by the minute...FINALLY at 5 the guy showed up to turn our power back on so we could heat the place up and have lights! I'm really glad it wasn't super cold at all last week so we didn't end up with more problems than we had already encountered. All the painting in this room was done after 5 friday night....and I had 2 coats done by midnight! (it's a 15x32) room! I was proud of myself! Now to just find a home for everything...

0 comments: