I admit it....I've been slacking off on almost everthing lately! I finally spent some time on the house this morning....and vacuumed up half a dog....and 3/4 of a cat! Welcome to our fuzzy home is what the front door should say. We made an awesome accomplishment this weekend, my only regret being not doing this project while hubby was at work! So last week when I stumbled across Knock Off Wood I fell in love with their toddler farmhouse bed (along with a LOT of other projects) but the toddler bed won first on the list to get Syd off the floor. 

And voila...here it is! 






The lavender looks better than I was expecting in the hot pink room, unfortunately it doesn't really matter if it matches or not as Sydney sleeps in our room yet. She was so excited she kept trying the bed out downstairs while it was being painted, so she was thrilled to get to use it last night. We strayed from the plans a little bit....the headboard is shorter, the corner posts are 4" wide and 3" deep, and we left out one of the boards that lays across the top, but either way I'm totally in love with this little bed and plan on making a large version of it when we replace our bed! Thanks to Ana at Knock Off Wood for the inspiration and plans!



Just to show you the size in relation to Sydney...She can fall out in the middle of the night and still only fall a little over 6 inches, which wouldn't even wake her up (super deep sleeper!) We have a rail built to put on the bed, but it needs sanded and painted yet, and if she continues to do so well, might not even get put on. 

Since I'm feeling inspired at the moment, these are my latest sewing adventures...if you haven't already seen them...





They are adorable on, but my model quit on me, so we had to improvise! They are available in any size and MANY colors! Hopefully I'll find the time to get the the idea I have for a boys' version soon! 


0 comments: