Oh what a week! Our house expanded by 4 feet on saturday! We stopped at the Beadle County Humane Society saturday morning and two of the four of us in this house fell in love (and it wasn't even me!)

Meet Mariah...


The picture is fuzzy cause the crazy fuzzball won't take pictures! She's the hairiest dog I've seen in a long time, but magically sheds less than the cat....only stipulation, her hair is like ours...must be brushed or will snarl! 

Things I've learned since saturday.....Mariah will eat Syd's poop.....she's a finicky eater....she forgets Syd sleeps on the floor next to the bed and bounces on her every morning....the cold doesn't bother her (neither does the rain)....she prefers to sleep in a kennel (bonus!)....she can't be somewhere in the house that she can't see you (high maintenance!)....She adores Syd and loves to play....the cats at the shelter didn't bother her but sees Tom as a moving target and a chase must ensue....Will eat cat food if left alone with it....for some reason won't poop outside (yet....this WILL change SOON)....constantly worries about Syd....isn't bothered by the vaccum (unlike Syd and Tom)...unfortunately has had table scraps, and isn't afraid to take food from Syd....AND IS POTTY TRAINED!!! 

I'm sure the list could get longer, I'm just going to stop there. Daddy and I have wanted a puppy for years....and with owning instead of renting we've really been getting anxious. My intent was to find a AKC Brittany Spaniel puppy that could be trained to hunt when the weather straightened out. THEN we found out we were having another baby so I was debating about waiting until the next one was a little less maintenance to get a puppy. I still want the puppy....Daddy and Syddie fell in love! Don't get me wrong, the more she's here (haha...24/7....with me) the more I like her....I MISSED HAVING A POOCH! AND she is already 99% housebroken which is a total plus for the potty trainer (me) and is for the most part past the chewing stage. So, with all the caution I had saturday it's fading to liking her around, and she's a whole lot less expensive than the new puppy would have been. Think 400 for the puppy....150 for spaying....50 for shots....who knows what in items chewed up....yeah, definately cheaper! Now if only she would drop her affection for Syd's babies and stuffies, those are really the only things she goes for of Syd's toys (we have however kept everything else picked up just in case)

In other news we tried crown moulding in Syds room....1 novice, with me saying hold on....let me see if I can find directions somewhere = moderate disaster! For our first attempt it turned out not so bad. Before we try it again, we will be finding a pneumatic finishing nailer, the trouble to use a hammer and nails just isn't worth it...not to mention the pain! After lots and lots of head scratching and daddy cursing with oodles of tiny pieces cut at angles to try and figure out the corners I searched for instructions and voila....we got it....ok so I got it....I still had to instruct daddy what he was going to do wrong and he didn't believe me until we got the pieces upstairs and oops....mommy was right for the second time in one day! After all the cussing and frustration we still decided to build Syd a bed to hopefully cure the bouncing.....and I came across a gold mine!

If you're at all interested in wood projects this is the most amazing site I've ever seen! www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com 
And it gives me hope...everything is built by a girl! And it's all spelled out well enough I think with the new saw in the garage I could do the toddler farmhouse bed for Syd all by myself! Not to mention the 5 other things I spotted and want! Definately worth your time! 

0 comments: