I hate winter! So that's not any big news, but I just wanted to share. How come it's always colder when winter just starts than when it's almost spring, and the temperature is actually lower in the spring? I learned something about Syd this weekend, she doesn't like cold air in her face, so that leaves me with the conclusion she's going to have to be toted around again this winter covered with a blanket. That's not all bad news though, should prevent getting sick a little more, just make it harder to carry her covered in a blanket and in her winter gear!

I have this new little venture called dotdotdottots.etsy.com don't get in any big rush to go check it out today though, I've got a few minor things left to do before I get it up and running, mostly check on postage for shipping my products. THEN you're free to browse around. I'll be adding stuff to it frequently once I get all my ducks lined up. Hubby says I'm a spaz for the name, but have •••Design picked out for my photography/design gig , so just went with the same theme for etsy. Get the general idea?

Our other big news is that we put a deposit on a spiffy new fridge that was being discontinued as of noon today....WE got the LAST black one that was in the area....AND it was on SALE! Woohoo for us! It looks plain but....open the doors and you find a water dispenser inside that little fingers can't reach....and there is an icemaker in the freezer so it doesn't take up any space in the fridge....Perfection!


We also picked out the stove and washer and dryer and will be putting a deposit on them about a week before we're set to move so all should be ready to rock and roll when we get the keys! I had my heart set on a pair of fridgidaire affinity front loader laundry pair until we walked into the locally owned appliance store today....met the nicest guy (who we later learned owned it) and changed our minds to a set of LG front loaders because of the warranty....where on earth do you find a 10 year parts & labor warranty anymore? We decided the minimal price difference was worth the 9 year extra warranty....and they are bigger! He also told me that 2010 is the last year you'll find mass produced top load laundry pairs because they are old technology...and the washer and dryer will pay for themselves in less than 5 years with energy/water savings! I knew I wanted the front loaders for more than the cool factor ;) Did you know it takes a washer 35 gallons of water to wash your clothes the old fashioned way....and somewhere around 8 with a front loader....And you don't have to wait for over an hour for dry time....that it's around 20 minutes for a normal load (obviously not towels) I'll be a laundry queen!
Sorry if you don't care about any of this....I was blown away by what I learned today!

0 comments: